Hotel Schloss Mönchstein – a fairy tale place
The five stars superior Hotel Schloss Mönchstein is a hidden jewellery sitting high on a hill overlooking Salzburg with a jaw-dropping view over the city of Mozart.
Two weeks ago I had the honor to call this place home for 2 days and LADIES AND GENTS : I felt like a modern princess!
After a short drive from Vienna to Salzburg we arrived at this impressive place.
I was quite excited before our arrival because I’ve stalked this place for hours,I’ve seen so many pretty pics and as we pulled into the driveway I was overwhelmed by this magical castle.
Guys,this place is even more beautiful in reality than in pictures (how is that even possible?)
The front desk staff immediately came out, ushered us to the restaurant and served us champagne while our luggage was brought to our suite.YEEESS…they surprised us with a SUITE.
We felt so privileged to spend 2 nights in this sooper romantic suite that we didn’t want to leave the room at all (but we did haha)
The whole decor made me feel so royal….and our bathroom was definitely bathroom GOALS!
We had a bathtub and a rainfall shower (all in one).
And you guys already know that I have a huge crush on marble…right?!
After admiring the beauty of our suite,we wanted to go visit Salzburg (I’ve never been to Salzburg before)
As a guest,if you want to walk to town they give you free passes to the elevator at the nearby museum which takes you down to street level (because the hotel is on a hill).
The lifts into the town are 5 minutes away from the hotel.
After spending a few hours sightseeing Salzburg , we returned to the hotel and got ready for dinner.
The weather was perfect,so we decided to dine on the terrace…we were not disappointed with the wonderful menu and wines.
And the view was impressive. (I just can’t write enough superlatives about this place)
Our second day started with a delish breakfast in our suite.(I’ve always wanted to do this hihi)
The second day was a relaxation day for us….we’ve spent it at the pool (they have an incredible infinity pool overlooking the city) and we also took advantage of the spa 😀
- ROOMS : They have 24 rooms and they are all individually furnished with particularly luxurious accessories -either in the design of a “viennese studio” or with the incomparable character of the castle .
- ROYAL DINING: In addition to a wonderful view,an excellent creative selection of refined Austrian dishes and international delicacies awaits you in their exclusive restaurants.
- SPA: Spread over an area of 300 m2, an exclusive wellness area with steam sauna,finnish sauna,gym and a relaxing zone is waiting for you. The Mönchstein SPA offers you beauty and therapeutical treatments. Their outdoor facilities enchant with their wihrlpool with massage nozzles and their heated infinity pool with its wonderful city view.
- MARRY AT THE CASTLE: You can plan your wedding at the castle.
- RENT THE CASTLE: You can exclusively rent the entire castle for diverse occasions and events.
I felt in love with this place,its staff and the entire vibes around it.
Everything was just perfect:the rooms were truly beautiful, the infinity pool overlooking the city was amazing and the food was really,really tasty and last but not least, the service was the best I have ever experienced. We were treated how I imagine royalty are treated…during our stay the professionalism and courtesy shown to us was exemplary,I have no doubt that whatsoever the request…the staff will do their utmost to accommodate your wishes.
Thanks so much Schloss Mönchstein for having us and for spoiling us.
We enjoyed every minute of our stay.
I am sure we will return to this magnificent place at some point in the future.(Maybe we will get married there..who knows?!)
Many thanks to you all for making our stay such a wonderful experience.
They will start renovating the hotel this september and they will re-open next march.
Hurry up and book your stay (BOOK HERE)
GET THE LOOK
Such a beautiful place, great photos!